Saturday, May 11, 2013

I miss Marcus Cor Von

By Michael Vanderkolk

Yeah, you read that headline right. I miss Marcus Cor Von, and I want him back.

Sure, he only had a brief appearance in WWE, but I loved it. Before you get all confused, let me explain myself a little bit.

First, most wrestling fans have that one wrestler they love that most people could not care any less about. For instance, the Wrestling Memes guy is obsessed with Heath Slater. It's just a part of wrestling that will never die out.

Secondly, he had a strange charisma that made him entertaining. He was flamboyant without being too weird. His promos were strange, but not to the level of Ultimate Warrior and better than Ryback.

Third, he looked like he belonged. Other than the color of his skin, he looked like somebody Vince McMahon would create if it were possible and make him the face of the company. His athleticism that carried over from the NFL fit perfectly for his style.

Then there's his finisher: the POUNCE! I simply loved it. Sure, it's nothing special if you just look at it, but Cor Von played in the Super Bowl. That gave his move purpose. It also helped that his opponents would sell it well enough to look devastating. Could you imagine Dolph Ziggler or Zack Ryder taking that? I'd mark-out for sure.

Finally, there's one part about him that most people would instantly disagree with. His theme song is one of my favorites of all time. It's not my favorite style of music, but I love listening to "Smooth." It's not even the typical theme song, but he made it work, and I miss hearing it.

Sadly, he left the WWE due to personal reasons, and professional wrestling hasn't seen The Alpha Male since.

I guess I should be happy that I at least witnessed his only WrestleMania moment.

Monty, if you're reading this, please come back!

Also, who is the one wrestler that you enjoy that others typically don't?

2 comments:

Please be respectful when commenting. No person should second-guess posting because they don't want to be bashed. Every one has an opinion on here, just realize that not every opinion is the same. Thank you.