Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Welcome!


Welcome to Vander Time: A Pro Wrestling Blog! My name is Michael Vanderkolk, and I am a college student who enjoys everything professional wrestling has to offer. After school, I’m hoping to get involved with the business side of the industry because pro wrestling is something I love.

This love has been growing for most of my life. I am sure I watched episodes of Raw ever since I was born, just months after its debut, but cannot recall watching until I was around five years old. I have attended five house shows, two live Raw events, WrestleMania 23, SummerSlam (2008) Money in the Bank (2011), and Survivor Series (2012) along with multiple local independent shows. Each experience will have its own post later on. However, if you were at that Survivor Series, and you saw a guy in a pink Dolph Ziggler shirt jumping like a little kid when John Cena won the Royal Rumble and screaming “Viva la revolution” after the Shield’s debut, it was probably me. I was only slightly excited to witness the debut of Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins (I did not know who Roman Reigns was at the time but am excited for him as well).

My brother is an independent wrestler by the name of Mark Vandy. This past summer, he got the opportunity to wrestle Kevin Nash. I was happy enough to take a picture with a living legend. (Photo/ Connor Okey)
My goal with this blog is to expand our knowledge on wrestling by posting and interacting with you via comments. Since my professional goal is to work in the industry, I am going to attempt to be as professional as possible. At the same time, we are fans and will have fun with this. 

Everyone has a voice on here. If you have ever been on a wrestling forum but felt like your posts were overlooked (I did), then you will be welcomed here. I feel like forums have too much traffic that causes posts to be overlooked. This blog will provide a voice to the voiceless of the IWC.


I hope to post on a daily basis (might take some time to get going). This blog is going to feature posts about the past, present, and potential future of professional wrestling. With the past, I am going to look at anything that happened whether it is something as monumental as Hulk Hogan slamming Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III or minuscule as Ahmed Johnson eliminating himself in the 1997 Royal Rumble match. The present will consist of anything that is going on with current storylines. This past Sunday, The Rock beat CM Punk for the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble to set up “Once in a Lifetime…Again” with John Cena at WrestleMania XXIX. I will be writing posts about how I feel (rather irritated in that instance) on said situations. The potential future will be my predictions on what is to come from the wrestling world. This will include some fantasy booking (like my potential WrestleMania card) and who I see making an impact in the business down the road (such as El Generico).

This site is its own community of fans who love to spend time reading and talking about wrestling. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns then feel free to contact me or post comments after a post. My email is vandertimewrestling@hotmail.com if you prefer that route. Also, if you have your own wrestling blog, please inform me about it so I can interact on yours as well and share followers.

To close things up, I am going to slightly alter the words of the legendary Vader: “It’s time. It’s time. It’s Vander Time.”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful when commenting. No person should second-guess posting because they don't want to be bashed. Every one has an opinion on here, just realize that not every opinion is the same. Thank you.